The phrase “Be Still” is in the bible seven times. What I’ve come to realize, is that when a phrase is repeated it is because of it’s great importance.
This blog is something I am reminding myself. In fact, almost on a daily basis my mom or dad tells me that I am too busy. In fact, this week my mom said, “When you crash, I’ll be there to catch you.” Wow! That made me think, I must look like a hamster on a wheel to others.
So, I began to list all of the “things” that I do on a daily basis. Yep, it was a lot! I bet if you listed out your to-do list, you would be amazed at all of the things that keep you busy. Then, I placed a check mark by each item that I felt brough glory to God. Hmmmmm….. only about half. It was very thought-provoking.
So, how do we go about being still? I had to look it up, since I need help in this area too.
- Be intentional about setting aside 10 minutes a day to be still.
- During this time, ask God to speak to your heart and talk to you.
- The second half of the time can be used in prayer.
- Keep a journal of your prayers, petitions, and the things you feel God is saying to you.
- Be open to hearing the voice of the Lord.
- Acknowledge God’s sovereignty and control over all things.
My goal is to begin to learn to be still. I know that it is human nature to be busy. Being busy is not wrong, but being too busy for the Lord is not following his word.
Join me, in learning to be still.
Blessings Sweet Friends,